Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Catching Up

I certainly must have a lot going on right now...at least I'd like to think I have some excuse for not keeping my blog current. Let's see, what's been going on? Marc had his 36th birthday. Probably not one he wants to necessarily remember. I was in Edmonton during that weekend and he was sick at home while being a good dad to his kids. I'm sure he's hoping next year's birthday will be better.
So as I mentioned, I was in Edmonton during the last weekend of January. I went with three other people from work/church to the Breakforth Conference. It was amazing. Awesome worship leaders, speakers and workshops. It gave me exactly what I needed, when I needed it. I want to go back every year. (Marc probably won't like that seeing it will be on his birthday pretty much every year).Our kids continue to enjoy school. Ben has caught on to the whole reading thing and he quite enjoys it. He has some fantastic friends at school and can't wait to have them at his birthday party (coming up sooooo soon). Hannah is always eager to do her best at school. She just finished an extra credit project on Heart Disease and is looking forward to dressing up like an old lady for 100 day. She's also going to share a short report on her great grandma and show a very old book that belonged to her that was written in 1895. Should be interested.
Olympic Fever has hit our house. Marc and I don't really like the whole idea of all the money that is spent on the olympics, in fact we weren't too happy that they were being held here at all. But seeing there is nothing we can do about that, we've decided to enjoy it and we want our kids excited about it as well. The kids both made torches at school and both have their mascot stuffies. As much as we wish Ben could focus a little more when we are watching at home, it has been a good time for the family to sit down and cheer together. GO CANADA!

Finally, 11 more sleeps until we leave for Disneyland. All four of us are super excited. Yesterday the weather in Anaheim reached 28 degrees so I've had to take the shorts and tank tops out and make sure they still fit the kids. Still some last minute things to do...but ooooohhhhh soooooooo ready.

1 comments:

Ali said...

I'm so excited for you guys!!! I can't believe you only have 11 more sleeps...I remember when you first said that you wanted to take the kids when they were old enough...and now they are. CRAZY!!! I hope you have an amazing time!!! Take tons of pics :)